Inflation has skyrocketed this year.
In fact, inflation jumped to a 40-year high of 8.5% in March 2022.
So why are Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS) losing money?
What are TIPS exactly?
And do they belong in a retirement portfolio?
If you want answers to these questions, you’re going to love today’s episode.
How to Listen to Today’s Episode
- Stay Wealthy Inflation Series:
- David Swensen:
- Survey of Professional Forecasters [Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia]
- US Inflation Calculator
- Residual Inflation Risk [SSRN]
- Asset Allocation with Inflation-Protected Bonds [SSRN]
- Diversification Benefits of TIPS [SSRN]