The nine-year bull market has prompted many investors to wonder if now is a good time to sell stocks. I know this because the article we wrote on the topic continues to break records on our blog. So, today, we are tackling that question on the podcast.
A few things to think about before deciding if now is the time to sell your stocks: Has your investing time horizon changed? Have your financial goals changed? Will you be able to capture the long-term investment returns you need if you sell stocks today? If you sell stocks today and the stock market continued to increase for another nine years, how would you feel?
- The odds of the stock market being positive or negative over different time periods might be more appealing than you think.
- Why most people fail to make money in the stock market.
- The hidden costs of investing and why those costs matter when making changes to your portfolio.
- Diversification is critical. A portfolio comprised of just stocks isn’t appropriate for most people.
- When it’s ok to consider selling stocks and how to make that decision.