Today I’m sharing key findings from a 22-year study on investing in real estate.
In general, there are three primary ways you can invest in real estate:
- Direct ownership
- Listed real estate
- Unlisted real estate
Most investors agree that allocating to real estate is prudent.
But they don’t always agree on the best investment vehicle to use.
If you continue to wrestle with how to invest in real estate, you’ll enjoy the recent results I’m sharing from a 22-year study on this popular asset class.
How to Listen to Today’s Episode:
Episode Links & Resources:
- 👉 Get Your One-Time Retirement Plan
- Resources Mentioned:
- CEM Benchmarking Study [PDF]
- Summary of CEM Benchmarking Study [NAREIT]
- REITs Outperform Unlisted Real Estate Investments Over 21 Years [Think Advisor]
- U.S Housing Prices 1900-1996 and 1997-2019 [Carlson]
- Long Term Data on U.S. Housing Prices [Shiller]
- Real Estate ETF [Vanguard VNQ]
- Why Rent vs Buy is the Wrong Question [Jeremy Schneider]