Homeowners insurance is more than just another bill the mortgage company makes us pay every year.
It’s the price we pay for peace of mind if our property is damaged or destroyed.
Unfortunately, homeowners insurance isn’t cheap.
And if you don’t take steps to mitigate the cost of this coverage, you could wind up paying A LOT more than you need to.
Auto insurance isn’t any different.
It’s costly but wildly important.
The good news is you have more control over your policy than you might think.
A few tweaks can save you hundreds of dollars per year and, more importantly, provide you with more protection.
In today’s episode, I’m sharing three key takeaways:
- How to improve your insurance coverage AND reduce your costs
- What the common pitfalls are and how you can avoid them
- Where to shop for insurance to make sure you are getting the best deal
How to Listen to Today’s Episode
Episode Links & Resources:
- 👉 Get Your One-Time Retirement Plan
- Why You May Need Disability Insurance – Even if You’re Nearing Retirement [Podcast Episode #44]
- The Right Way to Use Homeowners Insurance [Define Financial]
- The Smart Way to Save Money on Auto Insurance [Define Financial]
- Minimum Car Insurance Requirements by State [Nerd Wallet]
- Automobile Club of America (AAA)
- More than 20% of flood insurance claims come from outside high-risk areas [FEMA]
- Clark Howard: