In 2018, General Electric (GE) stock traded at $7/share—an 85% drop from its all-time high.
Who was hit the hardest?
Company retirees…including former factory workers who used equity compensation packages to save for retirement.
In part one of our equity compensation series, I’m breaking down the basics (in plain English!).
- What equity compensation is + the two most popular types
- Why this benefit exists and the purpose it serves
- How to navigate the investment risks of company stock
Friend and fellow planner, Odaro Aisueni, also drops by to share his wisdom and expertise.
If you want to better understand equity compensation + learn about the overlooked risks of company stock, you’re going to love today’s episode.
How to Listen to Today’s Episode:
Episode Links & Resources:
- 👉 Get Your One-Time Retirement Plan
- Odaro Aisueni
- Equity Comp Resources
- Workers With Company Stock and the Unknown Risks [CNBC]
- Rule 10b5-1 [Investopedia]
- GE Employee Needs to Find Another Job After 40 Years [WSJ]