Today I’m wrapping up our retirement income series by talking about Dynamic Withdrawal Strategies.
Dynamic strategies are designed to:
- Maximize retirement income
- Greatly lower the chance of running out of money
- Combat inflation and maintain purchasing power
If you want to learn about dynamic withdrawal strategies, their pros & cons, and how to implement them, today’s episode is for you.
How to Listen to Today’s Episode
Episode Links & Resources:
- 👉 Get Your One-Time Retirement Plan
- Decision Rules and Portfolio Management for Retirees: Is the ‘Safe’ Initial Withdrawal Rate Too Safe? [Guyton, 2004]
- Decision Rules and Maximum Initial Withdrawal Rates [Guyton-Klinger, 2006]
- Vanguard’s Dynamic Spending Strategy [Vanguard]
- Setting a Strategy for Retirement Withdrawals [Vanguard]
- Dynamic Retirement Spending Adjustments: Small-But-Permanent Vs Large-But-Temporary [Kitces]
- Floor and Ceiling: Conserving Client Portfolios During Retirement [Bengen]