If retirement is around the corner, you have likely considered downsizing your home.
Whether it’s for a move to a smaller space or to finally clean out all that stuff you’ve accumulated over the years, downsizing can be a stressful prospect.
There is so much to do. And what if you and your spouse don’t agree on what to purge and what to keep?
It’s enough to make anyone’s head spin.
Today we’ll talk with professional organizer Jen Robin, owner of Life in Jeneral.
For Jen, downsizing is more than purging stuff.
It’s creating a system for your life so you are surrounded by the things you need, want, and love.
If you’ve always imagined a simpler, more joyful space for your retirement years, then today’s episode is for you.
Don’t spend your retirement organizing and purging. Start now so you spend your “second life” doing what you love.
- The value of downsizing to create a more meaningful space
- How to organize your home and downsize your life in preparation for retirement
- Steps to take if one spouse isn’t into the process
- Specific solutions for hanging onto keepsakes
- How downsizing can fit into your financial plan