Today I’m sharing the correct order for saving and investing your retirement dollars.
Most people think the first stop for your hard-earned money is your 401(k) or IRA, but that’s not always the case.
Knowing exactly where to save your money 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc., can make a big difference in your long-term savings and future tax bill.
So, if you have always wanted to know the order of operations for saving your money, this episode is for you.
How to Listen to Today’s Episode:
Episode Links & Free Resources:
To gain access to all the links mentioned in this episode + download free resources, enter your info below.
- Register for the Stay Wealthy SECURE Act Webinar
- Best Online Savings Accounts [Nerd Wallet]
- Buying Stocks with a Mortgage is Like Buying Stocks on Margin [Kitces]
- Asset Location for Stocks [Kitces]
- Nudge by Richard Thaler
- Where to Save Money First [Define Financial Blog]
- The Rise and Fall of General Electric [Investopedia]
- Mega Backdoor Roth [Mad Feintist]