The nine-year bull market has prompted many investors to wonder if now is a good time to sell stocks. I know this because the article we wrote on the topic continues to break records on our blog. So, today, we are tackling that question on the podcast:
A few things to think about before deciding if now is the time to sell your stocks: Has your investing time horizon changed? Have your financial goals changed? Will you be able to capture the long-term investment returns you need if you sell stocks today? If you sell stocks today and the stock market continued to increase for another nine years, how would you feel?
What You’ll Learn in Todays Episode: Should You Sell Stocks Now?
- The odds of the stock market being positive or negative over different time periods might be more appealing than you think.
- Why most people fail to make money in the stock market.
- The hidden costs of investing and why those costs matter when making changes to your portfolio.
- Diversification is critical. A portfolio comprised of just stocks isn’t appropriate for most people.
- When it’s ok to consider selling stocks and how to make that decision.
Resources for this Episode
- Should You Sell Stocks Now? [Blog Post]
- Free Trades Aren’t Free [Blog Post]
- Diversification Means Always Having to Say You’re Sorry by Brian Portnoy
- Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Red Notice by Bill Browder
Thanks for Listening!
I appreciate you visiting our site today and listening to this episode.
If you’re listening through the Apple Podcast App, please help us by partnering with us to grow this movement. The first step to helping us reach more San Diegan’s is to leave a 5-star review for the Stay Wealthy San Diego Podcast! (Please click the link from your cell phone, then click the REVIEWS tab).
Ratings, reviews, and subscribes are extremely helpful to expanding our reach within the Apple community.
Enjoy the Show? Subscribe on iTunes and Stitcher!
Retirement Planning Strategies in Plain English
Reduce taxes, invest smarter, and retire on your terms. Stay connected and never miss an update.