In case you missed it, market volatility is back.
On January 26th, we saw the stock market go from hitting a record high to being down 10% (a.k.a the definition of a market correction) in nine days.
Here’s the thing: stock market corrections are normal. They happen about once every year. What’s not normal is how quickly this one happened.
The LA Times reported that this is the first time in history we have seen a correction happen that fast. The speed at which this stock market correction occurred is a good reminder that the market doesn’t always go up. If you aren’t prepared for market turbulence and you aren’t invested properly, you could be putting your retirement in jeopardy.
Due to the importance and popularity of this topic, my good friend Benjamin Brandt had me on his incredibly popular retirement podcast called Retirement Starts Today Radio.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to invest in today’s market for retirement and income.
- The difference between Risk Tolerance and Risk Capacity.
- Why focusing on dividends and income is the wrong way to build a retirement portfolio.
- The best type of bonds to buy in a volatile market.
- The similarities of investing in real estate and investing in the stock and bond market.
Resources for this Episode:
- [ORIGINAL EPISODE] Retirement Starts Today Radio featuring Taylor Schulte
- Worst 10 Year Return for 50/50 Portfolio
- Vanguard: Total Return Investing
- Stacking Benjamins Interview featuring Taylor Schulte
Thanks for Listening!
I appreciate you visiting our site today and listening to this episode.
If you’re listening through the Apple Podcast App, please help us by partnering with us to grow this movement. The first step to helping us reach more San Diegan’s is to leave a 5-star review for the Stay Wealthy San Diego Podcast! (Please click the link from your cell phone, then click the REVIEWS tab).
Ratings, reviews, and subscribes are extremely helpful to expanding our reach within the Apple community.