In an industry mainly focused on older wealth and retirement planning, Mary Beth Storjohann went a different route. Not only did she see the significant need to get younger people and families planning earlier, she realized early on that she had a passion for this market and decided to go for it.
As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and founder of Workable Wealth, Mary Beth used her skills and experience to build a business that helps a really underserved market. She discusses the challenges of building her practice and business as a young woman and mom in the industry, and how being different has actually benefitted her practice. Mary Beth also shares how seeking help from advisors, coaches, and study groups has made her and her practice stronger.
In this episode, she also explains what types of services she focuses on with her clients and how she relates to them in a way that is meaningful and helpful. She also explains her fees and how she has started focusing her marketing on social media. And at the end, Mary Beth touches on her future plans for writing and reaching a bigger audience.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why the younger generations need financial planning just as much as (or more than) the older generations.
- What main financial issues young people deal with and need to work on.
- Who makes up her main market and why she focuses on them.
- How she discovered the Gen X and Gen Y market and how her fees work to serve this market.
- The processes and methods she uses to communicate with clients and get them set up.
- Why it was so important that she found her confidence and only accepted what she was worth.
- How she handles being a mom, military wife, and business owner.
Resources for this Episode:
- Mary Beth Storjohann: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Blog | Podcast
- Work Your Wealth by Mary Beth Storjohann
- XY Planning Network
- Financial Services – San Diego State
- CFP Certification
- Morgan Stanley
- de Medici Cucina Italiana
Thanks for Listening!
I appreciate you visiting our site today and listening to this episode.
If you’re listening through the Apple Podcast App, please help us by partnering with us to grow this movement.
The first step to helping us reach more San Diegan’s is to leave a 5-star review for the Stay Wealthy San Diego Podcast! (Please click the link from your cell phone, then click the REVIEWS tab).
Ratings, reviews, and subscribes are extremely helpful to expanding our reach within the Apple community.